Behind the Baby Name Saint

comments

14 Responses to “Behind the Baby Name Saint”

indiefendi2 Says:

December 7th, 2015 at 5:22 pm

I guessed Messiah but they managed to supersede my expectations. I can’t blame em either.

mckaylalove Says:

December 7th, 2015 at 5:43 pm

I actually remember people liking the name Saint before Kim and Kanye used it. Some people just seem to be jumping on the hate bandwagon.

I actually liked North (though I preferred it on a by) and I like Saint as well, though personally I’d never use it because I’m not Christian.

hanbow Says:

December 7th, 2015 at 6:12 pm

I do think that it suits them and I too am a fan of North! Just one thing though, Kourtney is Kim’s elder sister.

Saint West sounds rather dapper to me anyway

namenerdery Says:

December 7th, 2015 at 6:37 pm

There was a recent thread for this name, and as someone who’d said it wasn’t a good choice for a non-celebrity baby name, this is just hilarious. 😀

missjen Says:

December 7th, 2015 at 6:41 pm

Is it wrong that I love the name North?

LuMary Says:

December 7th, 2015 at 7:34 pm

I like St. John, St. James, St. Christopher etc., but don’t like Saint as a name itself.

jtucker Says:

December 7th, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Saint doesn’t really bother me as a name, it’s not my cup of tea, but compared to the name North West it’s not too terrible. I have seem combos with Saint as a middle that I like, but just not for me to use irl. I do like the name North, for a boy, but not if your last name is a direction as well.

maggiemary Says:

December 8th, 2015 at 9:53 am

I’m looking forward to Saint Wentz and Saint West attending the same school, given their names sound so very similar!

ashbee Says:

December 8th, 2015 at 10:31 am

^haha good point maggiemary. If you abbreviate Saint the name is still directional: SW. So they have North and South.

Press Today » Saint West: The Meaning Behind Kim Kardashian And Kanye West’s Baby Name Choice Says:

December 8th, 2015 at 1:24 pm

[…] was also among the ‘defining names’ Nameberry predicted to be the ‘Number 1 Baby Name Trend of […]

jtucker Says:

December 8th, 2015 at 4:31 pm

@ashbee – totally didn’t even pick up on the SW until you pointed it out.

Saint West: The Meaning Behind Kim Kardashian And Kanye West's Baby Name Choice – Use It DoUse It Do Says:

December 9th, 2015 at 4:26 am

tfzolghadr Says:

December 10th, 2015 at 7:45 am

Saint is a bit terrible, in my opinion. I mean, it’s just so easy to make fun of. Rhymes with so many things… ain’t. Then “he’s no saint”… Or the irony when he does something wrong. Can you imagine Saint’s mugshot? Saint getting checked into rehab? Come on. St. Julien makes sense to me, as you are honoring a specific person. Saint by itself feels like too much of a label. You could have a whole family… Yeezus, Saint, Sinner, Messiah, Satan… bahahaha… Would have been better to use this name in the middle, and give him something a tad more normal as the first name. But then again, it does feel like less of a joke than North West… 😛

cheekygals Says:

December 15th, 2015 at 10:14 am

Saint West is great. Now look at their initials. NW, SW…. Just like a compass!