Happy Mother’s Day: New Celebrity Baby Names
Arlo Day -- Leighton Meester
Leighton Meester became famous as Gossip Girl’s poor little rich girl Blair Waldorf. Now she’s all grown up, and mom to daughter Arlo Day with husband Adam Brody. It’s the latest in a long string of boy names given to girls, including fellow Gossip Girl alum Blake Lively’s daughter James.
- Leighton Meester became famous as Gossip Girl’s poor little rich girl Blair Waldorf. Now she’s all grown up, and mom to daughter Arlo Day with husband Adam Brody. It’s the latest in a long string of boy names given to girls, including fellow Gossip Girl alum Blake Lively’s daughter James." >
- Keira Knightley and husband James Righton opted for Edie for their daughter, who turns one this month. Another nickname name on the upswing, Edie fits in with celebrity picks like Sadie, Hattie, Frankie, and Winnie. They’re all the rage in the UK, and catching on in the US, too." >
- New mom Zooey Deschanel and Jacob Pechenik paired the sassy, retro Elsie with the completely unexpected animal name Otter for one of the best celebrity baby names of 2015. It’s the kind of effortlessly cool pick we expect from The New Girl star." >
- Morena Baccarin and her Gotham co-star Ben McKenzie will celebrate a first Mother’s Day this year. The couple welcomed daughter Frances Laiz in March of this year. Frances is a classic girl’s name on the upswing. Laiz is popular in Morena’s native Brazil, a Portuguese take on an ancient Greek name." >
- Brooklyn Decker welcomed her first with tennis star husband Andy Roddick last fall. The couple kept it simple, naming their son Hank. In our era of Jack and Max, Hank fits in perfectly." >
- Oscar-winning actress Anne Hathaway, and she did not disappoint. Anne and husband Adam Shulman smooshed together family names to create middle name Rosebanks, and opted for the traditional Jonathan for their son’s first name." >
- Naya Rivera and husband Ryan Dorsey welcomed son Josey Hollis last fall. Josey brings to mind 1970s-era fictional cowboy Josey Wales. While Josey is typically short for Joseph, it’s another example of a nickname that now stands on its own." >
- Rose Byrne and Bobby Cannavale chose a name true to Cannavale’s Italian roots for son Rocco. Rocco has been a starbaby favorite since Madonna and Guy Ritchie chose it way back in 2000. It’s a cool name for a son, with the current ‘o’ ending and an outdoorsy vibe." >
- Lucy Liu’s new son has a name that mixes surname style and the natural world. Rockwell is the second Roc- name on this year’s list! As for Lloyd, it’s a Welsh name meaning gray, most popular in the 1910s – which could make it ready for revival in 2016." >
- Tyra Banks spoke of her struggle to start a family. This January she welcomed son York with boyfriend Erik Asla. No word on how the couple settled on the unusual place name for their son, but it might just set a trend." >
About the author
View all of 's articles
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
on May 7th, 2016 at 2:40 pm
I don’t really love any of these names. Nameberry members are better namers:)!
on May 7th, 2016 at 11:36 pm
I like Hank and Jonathan. Wouldn’t do Hank on the birth certificate but I’d definitely use it as a nickname for Henry.
leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.