Word name"turbulent, stormy"
Tempest Origin and Meaning
The name Tempest is both a boy's name and a girl's name of English origin meaning "turbulent, stormy".
Tempest is one of those names that could go either way. Cool, evocative modern word name? Or asking for trouble? Your call, but if you decide the former image is dominant, be warned that some people will see it as the latter.
20 Names Similar to Tempest
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Tempest.
Famous People Named Tempest
- Tempest DuJourAmerican drag queen and contestant on season 7 of RuPaul’s Drag Race
Tempest in Pop Culture
- "The Tempest" a play by William Shakespeare
- (French) Storm
- Tempestthe name of Jason's horse in the "Heroes of Olympus" by Rick Riordan
- Name of an electricity spell in the Dragon Age video game series
- Tempest Shadowantagonist in My Little Pony: The Movie.