German, Scandinavian diminutive of Helmold"helmet rule"
Malte Origin and Meaning
The name Malte is boy's name meaning "helmet rule".
Malte began as a short form of the now-obsolete Ancient Germanic name Helmold. Helmold has gone extinct, but Malte has survived and is now enjoying a popularity resurgence in Germany and Sweden.
Lists containing Malte
Famous People Named Malte
- Malte BurbaGerman musician
- MalteConrad Bruun, Danish,French geographer
- Malte LudinGerman filmmaker
- Malte UrbanGerman bicyclist
- Malte PerssonSwedish author
- Ethelreda Maltealleged illegitimate daughter of Henry VIII of England and the royal laundress
Malte in Pop Culture
- The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Briggenovel by Rainer Maria Rilke