English from Latin tree name"young"
Juniper Origin and Meaning
The name Juniper is both a boy's name and a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "young".
Juniper is a nature name that we really like. While it's trendiest for girls -- over 400 baby girls were named Juniper in 2013 versus fewer than ten boys -- the most notable Juniper in history was the saint Brother Juniper, a follower of Saint Francis renowned for his generosity. Blessed Junipero Serra, who founded the first of the California Missions, took his name from the earlier Saint Juniper.
20 Names Similar to Juniper
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Juniper.
Famous People Named Juniper
- Saint Juniperfollower of Saint Francis of Assisi
- Juniper ShueyAmerican visual artist
- Bowie Juniper Holliday (b. 2016)son of model Tess Holliday
Juniper in Pop Culture
- Brother Junipermain character in Thornton Wilder's "The Bridge of San Luis Rey" and film
- "Brother Juniper" comic strip by Fred McCarthy and its main character
- Juniperevergreen shrub with berries from which gin (known as "jenever" in Dutch) is traditionally distilled.