Portuguese variation of John"God is gracious"
Joao Origin and Meaning
The name Joao is a boy's name meaning "God is gracious".
A Portuguese classic, typically spelled with a tilde over the A. Many members of the Portuguese royal family were named João, and today it’s associated with a number of Portuguese and Brazilian footballers.
Famous People Named Joao
- João Gilberto Prado Pereira de Oliveiraknown as João Gilberto, Brazilian singer, songwriter, and guitarist
- João Pedro Cavaco CanceloPortuguese professional footballer
- Joao Jimmy Plata CoteraEcuadorian footballer
- Joao Robin Rojas MendozaEcuadorian footballer
- Joao Mario (Naval da Costa Eduardo)Portuguese professional footballer