Hebrew"my delight is in her"
Hepzibah Origin and Meaning
The name Hepzibah is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "my delight is in her".
This is a streamlined spelling of the biblical Hephzibah. Hephzibah is an Old Testament name that came into use in the 17th century, but is not often used today. It does have less formal nicknames Eppie and Hepsie, which seem revivable. Hephzibah "Eppie" Cass/Marner is the heroine of George Eliot's novel Silas Marner and Hepzibah Smith is a witch in the Harry Potter series.
20 Names Similar to Hepzibah
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Hepzibah.
Famous People Named Hepzibah
- Hepzibah Clarke SwanAmerican socialite during the Revolutionary War
- Hepzibah Swan Howarddaughter of Hepzibah Swan
Hepzibah in Pop Culture
- Hepzibah Smithminor character in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
- Hepzibah Pyncheoncharacter in Nathaniel Hawthorne's The House of Seven Gables.
- Hepzibah Jeffriestitle character of the 'Mrs. Jeffries' novel series by Emily Brightwell
- Hepzibahcharacter in Marvel's Starjammers and X,Men comics