Hanan Origin and Meaning
The name Hanan is both a boy's name and a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "graciousness".
A chief member of the tribe of Benjamin, and another obscure Old Testament name that few parents, even those tired of Aaron and Zachary, would consider. But with a pronunciation that rhymes with Gannon, it has the strong, straightforward, two-syllable sound that's in step with modern style.
20 Names Similar to Hanan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Hanan.
Lists containing Hanan
- Names That Mean Grace
- Unusual Baby Names
- Pisces Baby Names
- Unusual Biblical Baby Names
- Unique Boy Names: Unusual and Rare
Famous People Named Hanan
- Hananvaliant man of King David's armies, son of Maachah (1 Chr. 11:43)
- Hananson of Azel, descendant of King Saul's son Jonathan (1 Chr. 8:36)
- Hananson of Igdaliah (Jeremiah 35:6)
- Hananiahfrom the Bible story of Daniel. Hananiah became Shadrach, Mishael became Meshach and Azariah became Abednego
- Hananancestor of Nethinims who returned to Judah with Zerubbabel (Neh. 7:49)