English or Irish"people of Cana or wolf cub"
Channing Origin and Meaning
The name Channing is both a boy's name and a girl's name of English, Irish origin meaning "people of Cana or wolf cub".
Channing is a sophisticated surname name whose use is probably linked to actor Channing Tatum and Channing Crowder, former linebacker for the Miami Dolphins.
20 Names Similar to Channing
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Channing.
Famous People Named Channing
- Channing Matthew TatumAmerican actor
- Channing Thomas FryeAmerican basketball player
- Channing Harris CoxAmerican politician; 49th Governor of Massachusetts
- (Randolph) Channing CrowderAmerican NFL player
- Channing Moore WilliamsAmerican bishop and missionary in China and Japan
- Channing HansenAmerican artist; brother of singer Beck Hansen
- Channing PollockAmerican magician and actor
- Channing "Chan" Carson LowAmerican cartoonist; son of actress Carol Channing
- Channing ToneyAmerican basketball player; son of basketball player Andrew Toney
Channing in Pop Culture
- Channing Creighton "C.C." Capwellcharacter on American soap "Santa Barbara"
- ChanningTX, town in the Texas panhandle