Scottish"an Irishman, from the land of the Gaels"
Argyle Origin and Meaning
The name Argyle is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "an Irishman, from the land of the Gaels".
Nice Scottish sound, but too tied to sweaters and socks.
20 Names Similar to Argyle
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Argyle.
Famous People Named Argyle
- Argyle Goolsby (born Steve Matthews)former bassist of Blitzkid
Argyle in Pop Culture
- Place name. Also given to the indigenous knitting pattern of interlocking diamonds sometimes used in American fashion.
- Argylecharacter from the TV series "The Pretender"
- Argylelimo driver from movie "Die Hard"
- Argyle Streeta main shopping street in Glasgow, Scotland