Zia Origin and Meaning
The name Zia is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "grain; light, splendor; aunt".
A short and zippy name that would blend right in with but also stand out among a group of girls named Mia, Gia, Lia and Tia. If you're searching for girl names that work in many cultures, this is an accessible yet distinctive choice. One caveat though: in an Italian-American family it would be strange to have a baby named Aunt.
20 Names Similar to Zia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Zia.
Lists containing Zia
Famous People Named Zia
- Anastasia "Zia" de TorbyLady Wernher, Russian noblewoman
- Zia McCabe (born Aimee Springer)American musician of band The Dandy Warhols
- Ziastage name of Park Ji Hye, South Korean pop singer
Zia in Pop Culture
- Ziaa main character in the 1941 movie "Sundown," played by Gene Tierney
- Romansh language of Switzerlanda short form of Luzia
- Zia sunsymbol featured on the New Mexico state flag
- Zia Rashidcharacter in "The Kane Chronicles" by Rick Riordan
- Zia SimpsonLisa Simpson's daughter from "The Simpsons"
- Zianickname for Jadzia