Scottish diminutive of William, German, English"resolute protection; from Wylye"
Wiley Origin and Meaning
The name Wiley is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "resolute protection; from Wylye".
Wiley is a perfectly appropriate way to spell the Scottish name also known as Wylie. Given all the babies named William and Liam today, Wiley or Wylie can be a wonderful variation that's more distinctive but still honors Grandpa Bill. Wiley might also be considered an Attitude Name, given that its other meaning lends it a lot of sass.
20 Names Similar to Wiley
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Wiley.
Lists containing Wiley
Famous People Named Wiley
- Wiley PostAmerican aviator, first to fly solo around the world
- Wiley (born Richard Kylea Cowie)English rapper
- Wiley Blount RutledgeU.S. Supreme Court justice
- Samira WileyAmerican actress
- Wiley Cashprize,winning and best selling Author
- Wiley Maplea World Cup alpine ski racer
- Wiley MillerAmerican cartoonist , Non Sequitur comic strip
- Wiley MillerX Games backcountry skier
- Wiley Oakleylegendary wilderness guide, storyteller
- Wiley ShermanAmerican hockey player
Wiley in Pop Culture
- Wile E. CoyoteLoony Tunes character
- Wiley Day(female) character on the Netflix/City series "Between," played by Jennette McCurdy
- Wiley was a bike messenger in the movie "Premium Rush" played by JoGo
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.