Thekla Origin and Meaning
The name Thekla is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "fame of God".
New Testament name -- Thekla was the first virgin martyr -- with an unappealing sound.
20 Names Similar to Thekla
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Thekla.
Lists containing Thekla
Famous People Named Thekla
- TheklaEmpress consort of Michael II of the Byzantine Empire
- Thekla Simona Gelsomina ReutenDutch actress
- Thekla SchildGerman architect
- Thekla RothBritish model and actress
- Thekla Levinia Andrietta KnösSwedish poet
- Thekla Susanne Ragnhild ResvollNorwegian botanist
- Maria Anna Thekla "Marianne" Mozartcousin of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Thekla in Pop Culture
- Thekla Mustarda character in Gregory Maguire's Hamlet Chronicles book series
- Thekla of Mansfeldcharacter in G. A. Henty's, The Lion of the North
- "Thekla (eine Geisterstimme)" song by Franz Schubert
- Teckla Minnauhandmaiden to Senator Padme Amidala in the TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.