Thekla Origin and Meaning
The name Thekla is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "fame of God".
New Testament name -- Thekla was the first virgin martyr -- with an unappealing sound.
20 Names Similar to Thekla
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Thekla.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Thekla
Famous People Named Thekla
- TheklaEmpress consort of Michael II of the Byzantine Empire
- Thekla Simona Gelsomina ReutenDutch actress
- Thekla SchildGerman architect
- Thekla RothBritish model and actress
- Thekla Levinia Andrietta KnösSwedish poet
- Thekla Susanne Ragnhild ResvollNorwegian botanist
- Maria Anna Thekla "Marianne" Mozartcousin of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Thekla in Pop Culture
- Thekla Mustarda character in Gregory Maguire's Hamlet Chronicles book series
- Thekla of Mansfeldcharacter in G. A. Henty's, The Lion of the North
- "Thekla (eine Geisterstimme)" song by Franz Schubert
- Teckla Minnauhandmaiden to Senator Padme Amidala in the TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars