Italian from German"thoughtful counsel"
Tancredi Origin and Meaning
Variation of Tancredo
20 Names Similar to Tancredi
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Tancredi.
Lists containing Tancredi
Famous People Named Tancredi
- Tancredi "Tank" PalamaraItalian rock guitarist
- Tancredi PaseroItalian operatic bass
Tancredi in Pop Culture
- Tancredi in'La Gerusalemme liberata (Jerusalem Delivered)' by Torquato Tasso
- Il combattimento di Tancredi e Clorindamusical work by Claudio Monteverdi
- Tancrediopera by Gioachino Rossini (1813)
- Frank and Sara Tancredicharacters on TV's Prison Break
- Tancredi Falconieria character in The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
- Tancred or Tankred is a masculine given name of Germanic origin. Tankrad comes from thank(thought) and ,rad (counsel), meaning "well,thought advice". It was used in the High Middle Ages mainly by the Normans and especially associated with the Hauteville family in Italy. It is rare today as a first name, but still common as a Norman surname: Tanqueray. Its Italian form is Tancredi and in Latin it is Tancredus. Its Italian patronymic is also Tancredi.
More Lists containing Tancredi
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.