Reese Origin and Meaning
The name Reese is a boy's name of Welsh origin.
An Anglicized spelling of the Welsh Rhys, this traditional boys' name got a big boost for girls in the early 2000s, thanks to the high-profile Ms. Witherspoon (who was actually born Laura Jeanne Reese, her second middle being her mother's maiden name). This spelling has been on the decline for boys since 2003, possibly for the same reason, but remains a strong, simple choice which might pose fewer spelling and pronunciation issues outside of the UK than the Welsh original.
# 758 in the US
Reese Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Reese
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Reese.
Lists containing Reese
Famous People Named Reese
- (Michael) Reese HoffaAmerican Olympic shot putter
- Reese DismukesAmerican NFL football player
- Reese McCallAmerican NFL football player
- Reese WynansAmerican keyboard player
- Reese Smithyoung chef on "Kids Baking Championship" 2017
- Kyal Reese MarshAustralian actor
- Deacon Reese Phillippe (b. 2003)son of actors Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon
Reese in Pop Culture
- Reesecharacter on TV's "Malcolm in the Middle"
- Reesecharacter in the game "Hustle Cat"
- Reese Bentoncharacter on TV's "E.R."
- John Reeseusually known as Reese, main character on TV's "Person of Interest"
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups