Nuri Origin and Meaning
The name Nuri is a boy's name of Arabic origin meaning "light or my fire".
A name used in the Middle East but that could easily work in the US. As a girls' name, Nuri can also be a short form of Nuria.
20 Names Similar to Nuri
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Nuri.
Lists containing Nuri
Famous People Named Nuri
- Nuri Pasha alSaid, 7th Prime Minister of Iraq
- Nuri ŞahinTurkish footballer
- Nuri Badran (born 1943)Iraqi Minister of the Interior
- Nuri Berköz (1889–1975)Azerbaijani general
- Nuri Boytorun (1908–1988)Turkish Olympic wrestler
- Nuri Bilge Ceylan (born 1959)Turkish filmmaker
- Nuri Demirağ (1886–1957)Turkish industrialist
- Nuri Killigil (1881–1949)general in the Ottoman army