Word name or Hebrew"one who understands"
Maven Origin and Meaning
The name Maven is a girl's name of Hebrew, English origin meaning "one who understands".
Comedian Tracy Morgan added this one to the lexicon when he chose it for his daughter. In English, a maven can be defined as an expert or connoisseur. Maven feels more nameworthy than some other word choices given its similarity to the Irish Maeve or the trendy spiritual choice Haven.
20 Names Similar to Maven
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Maven.
Lists containing Maven
- Bad Girl Names
- Middle Names for Girls
- Middle Names for Baby Girls and Boys
- Wonderful Word Names
- Badass Girl Names
- Celebrity Girl Names
Famous People Named Maven
- Maven Klint HuffmanAmerican male pro wrestler
- Maven Sonae Morgan (b. 2013)daughter of American actor and comedian Tracy Morgan
Maven in Pop Culture
- Maven Blackbriarcharacter in the video game "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim"
- Maven CaloreKing in "Red Queen" series by Victoria Aveyard
- Maven (f) Also MavinMavine, Mavon. Mabyn is probably also from the same name, Irish Maeve (Meadhbh), name of a 1st c. queen, but of unknown meaning." (Entry in The Facts on File Dictionary of First Names (1983)