Mal Origin and Meaning
The name Mal is a boy's name meaning "devotee of St. Colomba".
A nickname for Malcolm that at one point ranked independently on the US Top 1000. It still exists as an affectionate pet form, but you’re unlikely to hear a Malcolm introduce himself as Mal.
20 Names Similar to Mal
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mal.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Mal
Famous People Named Mal
- Mal mac Rochride2nd century Irish king
- Malvin Greston "Mal" WhitfieldAmerican track athlete
- Malcolm Thomas "Mal" BroughAustralian politician
- Malcolm Charles "Mal" PeetEnglish children's novelist
- Malcolm Frederick "Mal" EvansEnglish roadie and friend of the Beatles
- Malcolm James "Mal" WasherAustralian politician
- Malcolm Earl "Mal" WaldronAmerican jazz pianist
- Malcolm James "Mal" AndersonAustralian tennis player
- MaliVai "Mal" WashingtonAmerican tennis player
Mal in Pop Culture
- Malcolm "Mal" Reynoldscharacter in TV's "Firefly"
- MALDr. Blight's evil supercomputer in the Captain Planet and the Planeteers series
- Malcolm Arnold "Mal" Duncan aka Voxa DC Comics character
- MalLatin prefix meaning "bad"