Kiran Origin and Meaning
The name Kiran is a girl's name meaning "sunbeam".
In Nepal, India and Pakistan, Kiran is used for both boys and girls - as can be seen from internationally acclaimed (female) author Kiran Desai and (male) Nepali soccer player Kiran Chemjong. Nepali-American Fox news anchor Kiran Chetry is another famous, female bearer of this name. With its light-filled meaning, and similarity to names such as Kieran and Karen, this name works well outside Asia.
20 Names Similar to Kiran
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Kiran.
Lists containing Kiran
Famous People Named Kiran
- Kiran BediIndian politician
- Kiran Carrie ChetryNepali,American TV journalist
- Kiran MazumdarShaw, an Indian entrepreneur
- Kiran DesaiIndian novelist
- Kiran "Madame" GandhiLos Angeles based rapper and singer
- Kiran JunejaIndian actress
- Kiran RaoIndian film producer
- Kiran RathodIndian actress
- Kiran KhanPakistani actress
- Kiran KhanPakistani swimmer
- Kiran AhluwaliaIndian,Canadian singer
Kiran in Pop Culture
- Default name in the app Fire Emblem Heroes