Dutch diminutive of Catharina
Cato Origin and Meaning
The name Cato is a girl's name of Dutch origin.
Cato may have risen to new prominence in the English speaking world as an ancient Roman boys' name, popularized by The Hunger Games. But in the Netherlands, it's most widely used as a short form for Catharina and other forms of Katherine, ranking close to the Top 100, higher than any formal variation of the name. Cato for a girl is a cute idea and a fresh way to shorten the ubiquitous Catherine.
20 Names Similar to Cato
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cato.
Lists containing Cato
- Names to Substitute for Kaitlyn
- Dutch Baby Names for Girls
- Uncommon Girl Names in the US
- Best One-of-a-Kind Names for Girls
- European Names
- European Girl Names
Famous People Named Cato
- Suzy CatoNew Zealand children's entertainer and TV presenter.