Beverly Origin and Meaning
The name Beverly is a girl's name of English origin meaning "dweller near the beaver stream".
The remarkable success of the girls' name Everly makes a revival of the name Beverly seem possible. More commonly a masculine name in the 19th century, it began to be used for girls in the early 1900s, reaching #14 ion the popular names list in 1937. Inspirations: Beverly Johnson was the first African-American model to appear on the cover of Vogue, Beverly Sills was a major American soprano, Beverly Cleary authored the beloved 'Ramona' books, and Beverly Goldberg is the beloved TV matriarch of 'The Goldbergs'.
20 Names Similar to Beverly
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Beverly.
Lists containing Beverly
Famous People Named Beverly
- Beverly Ann MitchellAmerican actress
- Beverly Atlee (Bunn) ClearyAmerican children's novelist
- Beverly JohnsonAmerican supermodel
- Beverly Heather D'AngeloAmerican actress
- Beverly Elaine Aadland FisherAmerican actress
- Beverly Eaves "Bev" PerdueAmerican politician, former governor of North Carolina
- Beverly McLachlin17th and current Chief Justice of Canada
- Beverly Sills (born Belle Miriam Silverman)American soprano
- Beverly "Bevy" SmithAmerican television personality and stylist
- Beverly June "Bev" Yanezprofessional soccer player
- Beverly Ann DonofrioAmerican author most noted for her 1992 best selling memoir, Riding in Cars with Boys. Drew Barrymore portrayed her in the film adaption.
Beverly in Pop Culture
- Dr. Beverly Crusher (born Beverly Cheryl Howard)character on "Star Trek: The Next Generation"
- Beverly Huntercharacter on TV's "All of Us"
- Beverly Penncharacter in Mark Helprin's "Winter's Tale"
- Beverly "Bev" Marshcharacter in Stephen King's "IT"
- Beverly "Bev" Harrischaracter on TV's "Roseanne"
- Beverly Parrottcharacter in "Sims" series
- Beverly Lesliemale character on TV's "Will & Grace"
- Beverly Barlowecharacter on TV's "Eureka"
- Beverly Hillscity in California, USA
- Beverly Solomon Goldbergmain character in the television series The Goldbergs.