Aglaea Origin and Meaning
The name Aglaea is a girl's name.
Aglaea, sometimes spelled Aglaia, is one of the Three Graces or Charities. She represented beauty and splendor: ironic, given that the main barrier to her name making a comeback is that it sounds like ugly.
Lists containing Aglaea
Famous People Named Aglaea
- Aglaia Coronio1834,1906, British artist
- Aglaia Mortcheva 1972, Bulgarian actress
- Aglaia Anastasiou1986,, Greek swimmer
- Aglaia KorasGreek,American pianist
- Aglaja BrixGerman actress
- Aglaia Kiarina KordelaGreek,American philosopher
- Aglaia Kremezifood writer
- Aglaja Orgeni 18411926, opera singer and teacher
- Aglaja Veteranyi1962,2002, Romanian,Swiss author
- AglaiaPrincess Rosetti,Răducanu
Aglaea in Pop Culture
- Aglaya is one the the three graces in Greek Mythologyrepresenting beauty and splendor.
- Aglaya Ivanovna is a main character of Dostoevsky's The Idiot.