Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    First Names
    Mercury- I like it
    Thor- eh
    Echo - pretty on a girl, don't like it on a boy
    Loki- i don't like ti much
    Perseus- very nice, nickname percy
    Paris- why would you want to name your baby after that pretty boy loser? I really hate Paris of Troy, I much prefer Menelaus
    Phoenix- pretty cool
    Sirius- love it
    Theseus- meh, he's kind of a jerk
    Tristan- nice enough
    Aries- it's alright, nicer spelled this way than Ares with the god of war thing

Middle Names
    Launcelot- I would spell it Lancelot, it's okay, kind of over the top for a kd though, but as a middle name it's okay
    Atlas- eh, it kind of makes me think of maps, and i don't know that he's the nicest character to name your kid after
    Zephyr- pretty cool
    Hermes- cool
    Mordred- Depending on your point of view he was either an evil wacko or a tragic hero who couldn't withstand the weight of his fate (thinking Nancy Springer's I Am Mordred), either way it's a heavy name for a child
    Excalibur- why would you name your kid after a sword?
    Loki- same as i said on first name
    Llyr- nice sound
    Odysseus- pretty cool greek hero, i like that he's remembered for brains rather than brute strength

Combos I'd like from your list:
    Phoenix Odysseus
    Perseus Llyr
    Sirius Hermes
    Mercury Odysseus

I wnat to name my son Hector Menelaus

Copenhagen, Denmark
    Mercury: It's intriguing, but I think it's very tied to the lovely Freddie Mercury.
    Thor: Great name, a little overused for my own generation here in Denmark, but for an English-speaking bub it would be great. One never goes wrong with the God of Thunder.
    Echo: Don't care for it.
    Loki: I think it's great, I knew brothers called Odin and Loke (Danish form of Loki) once.
    Perseus: Like it, but not as much as I like Theseus.
    Paris: Is it pronounced like the city? Because in Denmark we pronounce it like PARR-iss (it's difficult to explain and forvo failed to deliver a pronunciation) as opposed to the was we pronounce the city (pah-RIS, or something like that) and I think our way of pronouncing the Greek Paris is stunning.
    Phoenix: It's a decent name.
    Sirius: Makes me think of HP, but that's not a bad association.
    Theseus: One of my favourites from the Greek mythology (along with Heracles).
    Tristan: Great name, very romantic and heroic to me.
    Aries: Don't really care for this one either.

Launcelot: Doesn't speak to me as some of the other names do, but a great name indeed.
    Atlas: Not my style, but intriguing.
    Zephyr: Beautiful, prefer the feminine form though.
    Hermes: Such a lovely name, I really love it. As long as you don't pair him with Mercury ;D
    Mordred: Feeling ambivalent about this one.
    Excalibur: Don't care for it.
    Loki: See above (I do prefer it as a first name though).
    Llyr: This would make a stunning middle name (would probably get too confusing as a first), I love it.
    Odysseus: Probably my favourite of them all. Odysseus is just such an aesthetically pleasing name, extremely beautiful to say and so good-looking at the same time.

Mercury Odysseus
    Thor Launcelot
    Paris Exclaibur
    Loki Hermes
    Theseus Llyr
    Tristan Odysseus
    Last edited by shvibziks; September 8th, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
    Zelia • XXI • History student • Film and royalty enthusiast
    I blog at vesperlynds and everythingroyalty, and export names from Greenland and Inuit mythology
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Archibald Ivik • Atticus Aksel Inigo
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Asta Ivalo Galadriel • Aviaaja Catherine Françoise "Avi" • Anna Margaret Undómiel "Anoushka"

GPs: Nor Aurvandil James "Jem" • Dante/Frej Valdemar Oisín • Olga Agnes Lúthien • Evelyn Alvaret Cleopatra "Elví"

First Names
    Mercury- not a fan
    Thor- prefer this as a nickname for Hawthorne
    Echo - not a fan
    Loki- not a name I would wish on a child. Too easy to call loco
    Perseus- okay. I'd call him Percy, but in that case, I'd probably just name him Percy or Percival to begin with.
    Paris- After Paris Hilton, I wouldn't give a child or a pet this name.
    Phoenix- I think this is usable.
    Sirius- I'm a HUGE HP fan, but I wouldn't give my kid this name as a first name.
    Theseus- I think it's usable, but I'm not a huge fan
    Tristan- definitely usable but it's always had a mildly feminine flair for me
    Aries- I wouldn't want to name my child after the god of war, but that's just me.

Middle Names
    Launcelot- a) I think it's Lancelot b) meh
    Atlas- totally usable
    Zephyr- not a fan. There's a water company in Florida called Zephyrhills that makes me associate this with crappy water instead of mystical winds. Also, it's the title of a crappy Red Hot Chili Peppers song.
    Hermes- love it but it might be associated with the fashion brand
    Mordred- "morbid dread"
    Excalibur- nope
    Loki- see above
    Llyr- please no
    Odysseus- I'm a huge fan of the Odyssey, so I'd say it's usable as a middle. You could always try Ulysses instead.

Victoria, Australia
    Like but wouldn't use:
    Launcelot (prefer Lancelot)

Like and would us:
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

My favorites: (underlined those I would use) Perseus, Sirius, Tristan, Lancelot and Atlas.

Thoughts on all:
    Mercury/Hermes - I know you have Hermes as a mn but they are the same persona. I really don't like either as a name.
    Thor - I love Thor, in particular as a nn for Theodor/e. I'd worry about it as a stand-a-lone name. What if your child is not Thor like at all? Could be weird or maybe worst yet what if your son is a body-builder named Thor?
    Echo - Echo is such a prominently female figure to me, I can't see her on a boy.
    Loki - you have him twice/ once here and on the mn list. I think Loki is fun but I'd leave him on the mn. He's a bit too much of a trouble maker for a fn for me and also Low-Key.
    Perseus - I love Perseus. Think he's great and well deserves to be on any FN mythological name list.
    Paris - too prissy/pretty boy.
    Phoenix - I love Phoenix' but I think that when it comes to names this one is a little too "blunt object" for me. Plus it always strikes me as on of those where parents wanted something outlandish and cool and would probably put and x, y or extra k in anything if it made their LO stand out.
    Sirius - Handsome and a rare sighting even by NB standards. My only problem might be that people will pronounce it like "serious" - though I've considered Earnest in the past so clearly it wouldn't stop me from using this name.
    Theseus - I prefer Perseus and this is just so close. I'd nix it. Still lovely though.
    Tristan - I love me some Tristan. I was convinced for years this would be my second son's name. However, it's rise in popularity and mostly it's becoming "unisex" has turned me a bit off of it.
    Aries - In my mind all my boys are warriors and yet I feel Aries (and Mars) are just too violent for me. I mean the God of War. And not even Athena who was all about the strategy but really just bloodshed war… eh.

Middle Names
    Launcelot - handsome mn option.
    Atlas - I love Atlas and think he should make an appearance on your FN list. (The only reason he's not in my siggy is because I already have too many A names. And Atlas just had to go.)
    Zephyr - mns.
    Hermes - see above.
    Mordred - so torn. In theory cool but also well just too linked to trechery for me. Unlike my love Morgana he hasn't made it out of the dog-house quite yet.
    Excalibur - This is a mn that ANY little boy would want to have. I don't know if I'd want it as an adult but I think it works well and would definitely be unique.
    Loki - see above.
    Llyr - I think you are going to run into a lot of pronunciation problems and think he's well placed here in middle land, but not my favorite.
    Expecting Our First.....
    DH doesn't want to discuss names until
    we know if it's a boy or girl. GRRRRR ARGH!