Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Animal names?

Animal names?

My hubby has just decided that he HATES the names I put forward (Lincoln and Felix) and wants an "edgy" name for our boy...
    I don't mind this but then he gave me his list...all animal names!
    What do you think of Hawk (Hawkins or Hawken or Hawker) or Fox??
    I said a straight up no to Wolfe and Bear!
    Honestly Hayden is all over the place when it comes to naming a child, but I couldn't stand it if he really didn't like the name and I don't hate his suggestions...
    What do you think of animal names?

Sorry to keep asking questions I am just at a complete loss when it comes to names these days...
    Thanks,
    Gracen xx
    Last edited by peakaboo; May 19th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
    Our babies Jack August Hopper, Hugo Thackeray Fox and Emmeline "Milly" Amelia Story were born on the 15th of July 2012. We can't believe how far they have come!
    “I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen” Nicholas Sparks.

Well, I think animal names can get really cheesy really fast. However, Hawk and Fox are the most tame of the ones I am thinking of. I would go with Fox over Hawk, but I think both would work better as a nickname.

I remember a poster who wanted to name her son Badger, and after that I didn't think Fox and Hawk were so bad.

Hawk and Fox are totally awesome!! What about Falcon? Fierce predator, also a cool auto-link here in Asutralia, because of the Ford Falcon (a 50 year institution in the Australian automotive industry, basically, a legend!!).

If you want to put him off the idea, why not make stupid suggestions like Llama, Sloth, Lemur, Platypus, etc! Lol.

ALSO, there's a German surname 'Falkenrath', which means Falcon Wrangler...if that's not the coolest surname on the face of the planet, I don't know what is!!

Well Badger is quite and interesting one...
    I agree about the nickname thing...I just can't seem to find anything that goes.
    Hmmm I don't think the stupid suggestions will work somehow... can't say I love Falcon but thanks for the suggestion.
    Thanks for saying that they aren't to crazy
    Our babies Jack August Hopper, Hugo Thackeray Fox and Emmeline "Milly" Amelia Story were born on the 15th of July 2012. We can't believe how far they have come!
    “I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen” Nicholas Sparks.

Fox is somewhat traditional in my background, and my brother's middle name is Wolf, which was for our great-granddad, so I guess my view is skewed but they don't seem all THAT bad to me.

I can't say I care for Bear, though.

I do like Peregrine and Hart. I would only use those two as middle names, though - Peregrine because its long and as a FN would get shortened to Perry, which I don't like, and Hart because it sounds like "heart" and I worry other boys would think it girlish. But my granddad was a Hirsch, which translates very neatly to Hart, while losing the Hershey-bar type sound.

Ignoring family connections, Fox is one of my favourite names for boys.