• Elizabeth Jane

34 37.78%
  • Elizabeth Rose Opal

21 23.33%
  • Elizabeth Jane Opal

8 8.89%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vivtaliesin View Post
    Voted for Elizabeth Jane Opal, though i think Elizabeth Opal Jane flows better! Beautiful!

ps: don't worry about her having 2 middle names, in fact in our family, the boys have 1 and the girls have 2. It has turned into our "thing"!

xo Viv
    You might be right about Elizabeth Opal Jane flowing better! I guess I didn't even think of that because I was thinking about Elizabeth Jane having the nickname of Eliza Jane.

Elizabeth Jane or Elizabeth Jane Opal, is my fave for pure sound. However I am a huge fan of honouring family members with names.#

That's why I voted Elizabeth Rose Opal. I'm a big fan of two middles anyway, and I absolutely love the idea of honouring both you and your husband's grandmothers in the same equal, fair, way. I don't think it at all takes away from honouring Eileen Rose. If anything, she's getting more of an honouring because as you said, the baby will also have her first initial and surname. It's only fair in my opinion that someone from your side also gets a name in there!

If you can't come to an agreement on that, I would just avoid honouring either of them and go with the super adorable Elizabeth Jane - Eliza Jane is adorable!

If you do go with a Rose combo though, how about nn's: Eliza Rose, Ella Rose, Betsy Rose, Libby Rose, Lizzy Rose, Beth Rosie etc.

Best of luck! And how adorable that your son called her your "baby princess" - aww!
    27 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie _____ Evelyn, Otto William, Lilac, Quentin, Angelica, Emrys, Mirabelle, Xavier, Phoebe, Harlan, Tabitha Barnaby, Ivy, Lennox

Quote Originally Posted by thecougheys View Post
    You might be right about Elizabeth Opal Jane flowing better! I guess I didn't even think of that because I was thinking about Elizabeth Jane having the nickname of Eliza Jane.
    I thought the same actually! I still think you can do Eliza Jane as a nn (same goes for Elizabeth Opal Rose, Eliza Rose). We're considering Claudie Seirian Belle for a daughter and would occasionally nn her Claudie Belle, so I definitely don't think it matters where you place Jane in the name.
    27 year old name addict, dreaming of a future:

Claudie _____ Evelyn, Otto William, Lilac, Quentin, Angelica, Emrys, Mirabelle, Xavier, Phoebe, Harlan, Tabitha Barnaby, Ivy, Lennox

Quote Originally Posted by ljandrl View Post
    Elizabeth Jane or Elizabeth Jane Opal, is my fave for pure sound. However I am a huge fan of honouring family members with names.#

That's why I voted Elizabeth Rose Opal. I'm a big fan of two middles anyway, and I absolutely love the idea of honouring both you and your husband's grandmothers in the same equal, fair, way. I don't think it at all takes away from honouring Eileen Rose. If anything, she's getting more of an honouring because as you said, the baby will also have her first initial and surname. It's only fair in my opinion that someone from your side also gets a name in there!

If you can't come to an agreement on that, I would just avoid honouring either of them and go with the super adorable Elizabeth Jane - Eliza Jane is adorable!

If you do go with a Rose combo though, how about nn's: Eliza Rose, Ella Rose, Betsy Rose, Libby Rose, Lizzy Rose, Beth Rosie etc.

Best of luck! And how adorable that your son called her your "baby princess" - aww!

I LOVE your nickname suggestions! (That's going to have to be my next poll...what to nickname her! lol) I completely agree with you that Elizabeth Rose Opal is a great compromise...but my DH wants me to point out that our boys are named after my parents (John Daniel after my Dad and Mom...Danielle is my mom's name....and James Monroe...Monroe is my Dad's middle name). So I've been very lucky to have already gotten to honor my family with my boys' names.

Quote Originally Posted by thecougheys View Post
    but my DH wants me to point out that our boys are named after my parents (John Daniel after my Dad and Mom...Danielle is my mom's name....and James Monroe...Monroe is my Dad's middle name). So I've been very lucky to have already gotten to honor my family with my boys' names.
    In that case, it might be nice to let your DH have this one.
    Elliot ~ Silas ~ Henry ~ Gideon ~ Ezekiel
    Evangeline ~ Sophie ~ Maisie ~ Phoebe ~ Josephine

Crushes: Jubal ~ Avery ~ Persephone ~ Seraphina