Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do I get "Nina" into baby #2's middle name?

Hi there!
    We have Alice picked out for out second girl name and we'd like to use Nina somehow if it's possible. Originally, we thought about Alice Penina but now we're not so sure. We have a one-syllable last name that starts with H.

Alice Penina
    Alice Nina

What else? Any suggestions??

There was a thread like this a while ago; maybe it'll help you: http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...r-form-of-Nina. Here were some of my suggestions then, too.

Antonia or Antonina
    Annina
    Junina
    Ornina
    Marnina
    Jeanine
    Leonine
    Serafina
    Nerina
    Andrina
    Catrina
    Bettina

I like Alice Penina the best though!

Top marks for all those suggestions, wow! My favourite by a long way is Catrina. Not to my taste, but sounding OK are Antonia and Jeanine. If it's enough to have 'ina' at the end, there are tons more to choose from. Also, as Nina can come from Anne, so you could look at the many variations of that.

Penina just sounds like panini to me - is it a child or a sandwich?!

I may have mentioned it in that thread- too lazy to look My friend Kristina goes by Nina.

Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't realize that Nina can come from Anne but that makes sense.

I like the name Penina but I just worry that people would think of either panini or penis... Not trying to put a permanent kick-me sign on her back but I don't know if it would work as a middle name and we could avoid the teasing...