Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Handsome, mysterious-sounding name for a male character?

So I've started to rewrite an old project of mine, a story that is a combination of high fantasy and paranormal romance, and I need a bit of help with a name for the love interest.

He's an elf who's come to 21st century Earth through a portal, and I've already made up his elven name. To fit in properly in this world, however, he adopts a human name, and I'm having trouble coming up with one. I always knew the surname he uses would be Fox, so I need a name to go with that. It should be a dashing, mysterious name, as he's handsome and rather enigmatic. I was going to call him Alastair at first, but it just doesn't seem to fit because I can only imagine it on a fair-haired man and I imagine this character with dark hair. I can't call him Tristan or Theo; those are already in use on other characters in case anyone wanted to suggest them.

I don't have a fixed style when naming my characters; I tend to make their names as different as possible. Main character is Cynthia (again, I always knew that was the name for her) and her best friend is Molly.
    Last edited by aureliagwendolen; May 18th, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
    Boys: Leo * Edward * Alasdair * Ian * Malcolm

Girls: Sophie * Alana * Meredith * Fiona * Claire

What is his Elven name? I'd pick one that's related by sound or meaning maybe. That way it'd be easier for him to use and remember from the get go.

Lachlan (Lach/Loch/Locke)
    Winslow
    Orin
    Colin
    Malachi/Malachy
    Derek
    Roderick
    Julian
    Sebastian
    Dominic
    Crispin

I think Dane Fox would work.
    --Villette

Mother to two wonderful boys!

Some good ideas so far, but none of these suggestions really seem to fit the picture I have of him in my head. His real name is Calithas (which I haven't invented a meaning for yet, because creating languages is hard), and the closest normal name to that is Charles... wouldn't work, because it's not really suitable for his personality. The next closest name I can think of is Cameron, which is probably better, but I think something completely dissimilar would add to the mysteriousness a little.

I can see some other surname-as-first-name on him as well, like Leighton, Nolan or Desmond... still thinking, and could still use some more ideas!
    Boys: Leo * Edward * Alasdair * Ian * Malcolm

Girls: Sophie * Alana * Meredith * Fiona * Claire

A country where we get weather that people complain about a lot.
    Delilah CelesteAveline Ruth Winter FaySilas Alaric Fabian Seth Lucian Ezra

Archetypal name-obsessed teenager here. Avatar is the blue knight from Castle Crashers, a game produced by The Behemoth. Credit goes to their artist/s.