Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Three Days Left...and I don't know what's happening with the name!

We are having our second little boy in THREE days (scheduled c-section, so it will definitely be in three days if not less!). We had totally agreed on the name Victor (was my husband's suggestion). We agreed on it to the point where we started calling the baby Victor, our two year old knows the baby as Victor, as does most of our family and a few friends.
    About a week ago, my husband decides he does not like the name Victor any more. I was extremely disappointed, as we both felt it was 'THE name', but I decided to be open minded. However, he does not have any other name suggestions. And he doesn't like any of my suggestions.
    We are still both referring to the baby as Victor, and just the other day we agreed on the middle name Huckleberry. My brother asked us on Saturday what the baby's name was going to be, and my husband told him we were naming him Victor Huckleberry. But today he has gone off the name Victor again! I just don't know what to think!
    In a way I am thinking he is probably just panicking a little bit about the impending birth and trying to have some feeling of control over the situation. But then I wonder if he is serious and really doesn't love the name any more, and we have a nameless child!
    Has this ever happened to anyone else? Or if not...any name ideas? Our two year old's name is Felix.
    My two boys:
    Felix Arkham 2010
    Victor Huckleberry 2012

I think Felix & Victor make nice brothers!
    It sounds to me like maybe he just got panicky? But if you still like Huckleberry as the MN, here's some suggestions below:

Felix & James Huckleberry
    Felix & Gregory Huckleberry
    Felix & Greyson Huckleberry
    Felix & Harrison Huckleberry
    Felix & Frederick Huckleberry
    Felix & Brant Huckleberry
    Felix & Gregor Huckleberry
    Felix & Rembrandt Huckleberry
    Felix & William Huckleberry

Good luck!
    ~Jill~
    Proud mom of 6
    Lucy Abigail, Charlotte Avery, Benjamin Noah, Jude Alexander
    Twins Rosalie Amelia & Daniel Ashton arrived on May 23rd, 2012!

Seems like there should be a rule against changing your mind at the last minute without offering any other suggestions! The last thing you need at this point in your pregnancy is more stress!

For what it's worth, I like the name Victor, and I think it goes well with Felix. No idea why your husband suddenly changed his mind?

What were your other contenders before you settled on Victor?

Yes there definitely should be rules against it! He *thinks* he is offering suggestions, but I don't count 'The Hulk' as a legitimate name suggestion. Other names I like and would be willing to consider are Miles, Theodore (Theo), Leo, Lewis, Hugo. Unfortunately, he doesn't like any of them. Names we have both considered are Julius and Maximus. I have four little brothers so that narrows down our name selection quite a bit unfortunately! (Simon, Alexander, Oliver and Edward).
    My two boys:
    Felix Arkham 2010
    Victor Huckleberry 2012