Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking for a boy's name with European flair

We are still searching for the perfect name for our second son, due in August. Our first son's name is Luca. Our last name is very Italian. I've not fallen in love with any other Italian names, but because Luca is widely used across Europe, we've expanded our search to names that aren't strictly Italian names. I've been considering the name Nicolai, or Nikolai. I like the nn Nico, but feel it is too "nickname-ish" to use alone. Thoughts on the name? Too Russian? How does it sound with Luca? We really don't have any other name contenders at the moment. We've tossed around the names Leo, Marco and Dominic...but just haven't felt like they are "it".
    SO...

Luca and Nicolai?
    Luca and Nico?

I am at a loss!
    I should also add: our last name starts with a "Z" so Nicholas or any name with an S or X ending runs together with our last name and will not work. For that reason we cannot use Nicolas, Max, Alex....which are names we really loved

Thanks for your help!

I like Nikolai, personally. Nicolai looks like a girl's name because of its similarity in spelling to Nicole.

other suggestions:
    Adrian
    Marcello
    Benito
    Paolo (one of my favorite European names!)
    Pietro/Pietre
    Emilio
    Marcel
    Marek
    Jakob
    Jere
    Sebastien
    Leon
    Matteo
    Davide
    Luis
    Phillipe
    Isak
    Albin
    Gustav
    Alejandro
    Javier
    Mikel
    Emil
    Florian
    Kristian
    Henrik
    Kristoffer
    Stefan
    Girls - Abigail, Georgianna, Anne, Charlotte, Claire, Genevieve, Annette, Eliza, Felicity, Hannah, Noelle, Eugenie, Grace, Phoebe, Philippa, Cecilia, Cecily, Elizabeth, Hollis, Piper, Lorelei, Vivienne, Paige, Carolina, Isobel, Lucy, Molly, Georgia, Victoria, Naomi

Boys - Bobby Sparklefritz until H can offer suggestions. Ones I like: Rory, Owen, Tyler, Ian, Elliot, Alexander, Ephraim, Levi, Jacob, Reid, Avery, Nathan, Miles, Jasper, Spencer, Toby, Dean, Philip

I feel that Nikolai does not sound like a brother of Luca

How about Luca and (French and Italian names)...
    Etienne
    Hector
    Hugo
    Fabrizio
    Giovanni
    Gabriel
    Philippe (I second this one)
    Raymond
    Remy
    Victor - Vittorio
    Vincent - Vincenzo
    Xavier

Just thought of Oscar

I second the suggestions of Emil, Paolo and Philippe, both of which sound terrific with Luca IMO. Others:

Armand*
    Enzo
    Marc
    Franz
    Marcel
    Blaise
    Evram
    Rhys

*my favourite with Luca