Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sibling for Lucía and Sebastián (I've narrowed it down)

We're TTC #3. Our children are named Lucía Noemí and Sebastián Tomás, and we have a Spanish last name (but we live in California so something that works in English and Spanish both is really important to us). Also, as I mentioned in a post a couple weeks ago, we can't use any first names that have an "r" in it because I can't quite pronounce those correctly in Spanish. I'm okay with the middle name having an "r", though.

If #3 is a boy, I'm pretty set on either Félix Agustín or Félix Ulises. Alternatively, Agustín Ulises if my husband can't be persuaded about Félix. (I know he likes Agustín, as it was our #2 boy choice a few years ago.) I am a bit concerned about the spelling of Agustín being different in English and Spanish and would prefer to use it as a middle name so it's not an issue on a daily basis. Other middle names I'd consider are Mateo, Andrés, Gonzalo, Elias, Felipe, Achiles, Ignacio, and Oscar.

If #3 is a girl, I'm considering: Inés Belén, Inés Pilar, Belén Eloísa, and Elena Beatriz most strongly, but I'm not as in love with these names as I am the boy names above. I'm a bit concerned about Inés - do you think it is a good option in an English speaking country? (Too close to anus? I hate to think it, because I think it's such a beautiful name, but my sister brought it up so I thought I'd check here. Also, I wonder if it will be too hard for English speakers to prounounce, or would I just give in and call her both Inez and Inés? (We do that with Sebastián but I like both the English pronunciation and the Spanish pronunciation so it's fine with me.)) Other girl names I like are Penélope, Violeta, Isabel, Noelia, Carmen, Esme, and Elia.

So what would you choose (from these options) for a sibling to Lucía Noemí and Sebastián Tomás? If you have a really great alternative that I haven't listed here, though, you could mention that as well, especially for a girl.

Sorry that was so long! Thanks!
    Last edited by aguafresca; May 11th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.

I think that Ines is just fine; your sister's association didn't really come to mind for me. Elena Beatriz is probably my fave, though; very eclectic, lovely, and multi-cultural. As to your boy's names, I REALLY like Felix, and it is such a wonderful mix of cultures. I agree, Agustin is probably better off as a MN due to spelling. But if you and dh agree on that, it is a nice name, too (Sorry to have omitted all of the accent marks

Your childrens names are beautiful! I'd go for:

Lucía Noemí, Sebastián Tomás & Félix Agustín (or Félix Elias). I agree about Agustín being a bit much with the transition between English and Spanish, whereas Félix works wonderfully in both languages.

Lucía Noemí, Sebastián Tomás & Elena Beatriz (or Elena Penélope). I'm so wary of any name that sounds even remotely like something "rude" ha, there's a girl in my school called Anaís and everyone calls her Anus. So I'd be avoiding Inés if I were you. It's a nice name though.
    g e n e v i e v e

Violet Ruby Grace ♀ Alice Pomeline Wren ♀ India Lotus Penelope
    May Tallulah Verity ♀ Lucia Ottilie June♀ Rosa Elowen Chloë

Ivo Valentine Fox ♂ Shiloh Atlas Grey ♂ Leo Elijah Bram
    Maben Isaac Poe ♂ Emrys Casper Gabriel ♂ Kit Auberon Xavier

For a girl, I love Elena Beatriz and Esme. For a boy I love Félix, Elias, and Oscar.

Have you considered Natalia, Camila, Ana, Maya or Catalina?