Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I'm not familiar with it personally, but it seems perfectly nice to me. I'm really not sure why, but I find either Sohana or Suhana to have more of an South Asian feel to them -- Sahana seems like it could be from any number of different origins. I also find the former two totally intuitive to pronounce, whereas I second-guess myself a little with Sahana (maybe because it's fairly close visually to Savannah?).

In any case, I think people will almost never assume the name is made up if your last name is identifiably non-Western, or if at least one parent has South Asian heritage. If you are a 100% Anglo family, though, then a lot of people may figure you fabricated it.

It looks like a mesh between Susannah and Hannah to me I did not make the Sahara connection. I would definitely think it was from another culture. The sounds mixed together in that particular way sound a little awkward to my ears, sounds really broken up and doesn't have a fluid flow to me.
    DD: Maria Julietta Grace - Dec 2013

Mona Maeve/Maeva Cordelia nn Dolly Magdalena Adelaide Geneva Fiona Flora Ramona Rose Katerina Juliet Aoife Odessa Sylvie Vera Guinevere Vivienne Marina Claire Eva/Ava Augusta Agatha Evelina Lavinia Alouetta

Jack Sawyer Owen Seamus Timothy Vaughn Frank Murphy Spencer Guy Conrad Graham Simon Trevor Theodore Maximus Pierce Mark Hank Rex Colm Leif Eamon Grady Grant Forrest North

It's an Indian name, very popular there. It's pronounced something like Suh-huh-nah (kinda hard to explain). It's of Sanskrit origin, means 'tolerance'.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

I went to college with a Suhana, so I'm more familiar with this spelling. She used the occasional nickname of Susie, and I fell in love with it. Plus, Suhana is very similar to Sue Hannah, which should be easy for most Westerns.

With Sahana, I fear most Westerns will see Sahara when written, and hear Savannah when spoken -- at least initally. But, it is very straightforward and pretty, that it could be workable.

Sohana is nice and easy too. All in all, it's a very beautiful name in all forms. I think it might mean, "melody" or something like that.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

I don't think it seems made up; it seems Indian/Middle Eastern. It's only okay if you're from the background the name is. Otherwise, it's tacky.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter