Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Sahana... Honest opinions please!

What do you think of the name Sahana? And what cultural or ethnic background does it bring to mind for you, if any? Des it seem classy or tacky? You could also compare to Sohana or Suhana. Thanks in advance!

It looks made up to me, so I don't associate it with any cultural background. Any made up name seems tacky to me.
    http://geeknames.blogspot.com/
    My favorites right now:
    Girls: Alena, Anya, Emme, Fable, Gwyneth, Thalia, Thora, Vaiva
    Boys: August, Bodhi, Blake, Declan, Eamon, Fergus, Finch, Rory

Quote Originally Posted by penguin View Post
    It looks made up to me, so I don't associate it with any cultural background. Any made up name seems tacky to me.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Hmm.... When I see an unfamiliar name I always think it must be from another culture or ethnic background and I am just not familiar with it. It is so interesting to me that other people might see an unfamiliar name and think it must be made up! This was not even an issue I was concerned about before. I was mainly thinking that if I choose an ethnic name I would want it to be relatively easy to pronounce and spell.

Quote Originally Posted by name-o View Post
    Hmm.... When I see an unfamiliar name I always think it must be from another culture or ethnic background and I am just not familiar with it. It is so interesting to me that other people might see an unfamiliar name and think it must be made up! This was not even an issue I was concerned about before.
    Because so many people make up names and use kr8tive spellings

At first glance people will see Sahara and think the n is a typo. Suhana or Sohana look like ethnic names