Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Strong, feminine girls' names?

Hello!

I am due in November with our first child and while I feel like we're having a boy, I would like to be prepared with a few girls' names as well. The problem is, my husband and I can't think of ANY girls' names we both like! We've pored over lists and books but we just can't pick any. I want to name my daughter something that is both strong and feminine - hopefully with history and meaning behind it as well but not sounding too outdated. Hehe, I guess I'm pretty picky! Do you guys have any ideas for me?? Thanks!

Girls - Abigail, Georgianna, Anne, Charlotte, Claire, Genevieve, Annette, Eliza, Felicity, Hannah, Noelle, Eugenie, Grace, Phoebe, Philippa, Cecilia, Cecily, Elizabeth, Hollis, Piper, Lorelei, Vivienne, Paige, Carolina, Isobel, Lucy, Molly, Georgia, Victoria, Naomi

Boys - Bobby Sparklefritz until H can offer suggestions. Ones I like: Rory, Owen, Tyler, Ian, Elliot, Alexander, Ephraim, Levi, Jacob, Reid, Avery, Nathan, Miles, Jasper, Spencer, Toby, Dean, Philip

I assume by strong you mean that its not overly frilly, is that right?

Eve
    Iris
    Isis
    Seren
    Thora
    Venus
    Avalon
    Eleanor
    Diana
    Honor
    Junia

Are any of these close? Could you give some examples of names you maybe like, but can't use, or just don't quite like enough to give a bit more detail on your style?

Well, just off the top of my head (sorry for any repeats, I didn't read the other posts first): Not sure how you feel about name popularity. so I've included a few very popular names - I'm sure you and your husband might have already considered them, but here's a few:
    Clara
    Georgia
    Jane
    Anne or Anna
    Elizabeth
    Eve or Eva
    Nora
    Katherine
    Caroline
    Natalie
    Alexandra
    Anastasia