Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Russian Names?

Russian Names?

So I'm getting a puppy and I really want it to have the perfect name!!

It's a short-haired husky mix so I was thinking something Russian or Eastern European would be cute.

Anyone know some good Russian names? Only Russian names I can think of are Damien, Dimitri, Igor... Vladimir lol not much of a fan of any of those.

Names the Boyfriend likes:
    Dakota
    Nola
    Charlie
    ^^obviously not russian names but... they're pretty cute.

his given name at the shelter is Yukon. which I actually think is kind of cute. He is so precious and has the coloring of a german shepherd and the little face of a husky!

anyways.... puppy names?? don't have to be russian, you Berries are the best namers around so I turn the floor to you.

EDIT: we're no longer looking at Russian names- decided we're not a big fan. Go figure.
    Last edited by anna_olivia; May 10th, 2012 at 02:37 AM. Reason: change in opinion

Yukon is pretty cute!

I'm not the best at pet names, but my first thought was Misha or Sasha--I love both of those! I read a novel once with a Russian guy whose name was Vadeem, I thought that was pretty cool, too. Evgeniy and Vasiliy are my GP Russian names, too, haha, although they might be a bit much for a pet, haha.

Good luck!
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

Micah! (pronounced Mee-ca or My-ca)

Awww, puppy!!!

Aleksei/Alexei
    Vlasi
    Kuzma
    Rurik
    Roman/Roma
    Lazar
    Valko (Bulgarian, but it means "wolf")
    Foka (You may get some glares when you call him in public, but I think it's cute)

Or Sergeant Shnugglsy Face, which was vetoed by my SO when we adopted our Rook. Good Luck with the puppy!

Suggestions for your puppy

Russian

Aleskey / Alexei / Alexey
    Andrei
    Anton
    Boris --- I think this one is perfect
    Feodor / Fyodor
    Isaak
    Ivan - another good one
    Lev
    Maksim / Maxim
    Nikolai
    Pavel / Pasha
    Rurik
    Sergei / Sergey

Others

Cyril
    Dominik
    Emil
    Marek
    Radek
    Albin
    Bruno
    Olaf
    Olek
    Piotr
    Drago
    Zlatan
    Zarko
    Attila
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell