Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Russian Names?

Russian Names?

So I'm getting a puppy and I really want it to have the perfect name!!

It's a short-haired husky mix so I was thinking something Russian or Eastern European would be cute.

Anyone know some good Russian names? Only Russian names I can think of are Damien, Dimitri, Igor... Vladimir lol not much of a fan of any of those.

Names the Boyfriend likes:
    Dakota
    Nola
    Charlie
    ^^obviously not russian names but... they're pretty cute.

his given name at the shelter is Yukon. which I actually think is kind of cute. He is so precious and has the coloring of a german shepherd and the little face of a husky!

anyways.... puppy names?? don't have to be russian, you Berries are the best namers around so I turn the floor to you.

EDIT: we're no longer looking at Russian names- decided we're not a big fan. Go figure.
    Last edited by anna_olivia; May 10th, 2012 at 02:37 AM. Reason: change in opinion

Yukon is pretty cute!

I'm not the best at pet names, but my first thought was Misha or Sasha--I love both of those! I read a novel once with a Russian guy whose name was Vadeem, I thought that was pretty cool, too. Evgeniy and Vasiliy are my GP Russian names, too, haha, although they might be a bit much for a pet, haha.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace + Caleb Elias Joseph + Arianne Eleanor Daisy + Everett Joshua Charles + Olivia Wren Camille
    Grant Frédéric Conrad + Violet Emilia Mary + Casper Nathaniel Eden + Grace Odilia Lily + Samuel Gaspard John

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey! havengermany.blogspot.com
    Chapter 1 is up! And an author's note! (Alas, don't get too excited.)

Micah! (pronounced Mee-ca or My-ca)

Awww, puppy!!!

Aleksei/Alexei
    Vlasi
    Kuzma
    Rurik
    Roman/Roma
    Lazar
    Valko (Bulgarian, but it means "wolf")
    Foka (You may get some glares when you call him in public, but I think it's cute)

Or Sergeant Shnugglsy Face, which was vetoed by my SO when we adopted our Rook. Good Luck with the puppy!

Suggestions for your puppy

Russian

Aleskey / Alexei / Alexey
    Andrei
    Anton
    Boris --- I think this one is perfect
    Feodor / Fyodor
    Isaak
    Ivan - another good one
    Lev
    Maksim / Maxim
    Nikolai
    Pavel / Pasha
    Rurik
    Sergei / Sergey

Others

Cyril
    Dominik
    Emil
    Marek
    Radek
    Albin
    Bruno
    Olaf
    Olek
    Piotr
    Drago
    Zlatan
    Zarko
    Attila
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie