Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Somewhat "creepy" Victorian names for a little girl

If you chanced upon my last thread, you would have seen me lamenting over my inability to name my twins. With help, I settled on Lucien and Nathaniel, which I chose because they have a Victorian sort of sound to them. The twins are modern-day, however, I just wanted them to have a Victorian "feel".

Now, this is a ghost story, and I have a little girl character who is sort of undead and is actually from the Victorian ages . (Well, to be precise, late Victorian/early Edwardian.) She desperately needs a name. For the longest time, her name was Annaliese, which I adored until I realised that the name was not in use during the Victorian ages. No name feels right. I even tried to split it up into Ann Elise, but it just looked weird.

I've considered Annalie, Annika, Anita, Annette, Elisabeth, Elise, Ruby, Violet, Elaina.... None of them seem to fit.

I just need a somewhat creepy sounding Victorian name for my creepy undead girl!

Sophronia
    Temperance
    Estella
    Lucinda
    Alethea/Aletha/Letha
    Corinne
    Mercy
    Lovie
    Ottilia
    Aura

I'm sorry if they aren't from the right era!

Also, please try not to worry too much about what was or wasn't done in any time period. A name that feels perfect for a character is worth one or two people correcting you on historic usage. Annaliese could have been used by someone, even several people, in the Victorian era.
    Last edited by katushka; May 8th, 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Some great suggestions above - I also thought of Anthea, Iphigenia and Leocadia.

Well, you may think it's silly, but I always thought the name Victoria its self was sort of creepy.