Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spanish/English name for baby #3 (sibling to Lucía and Sebastián)

We are currently TTC #3, so not pregnant yet. But I am brainstorming baby names already and looking for ideas for both boy and girl names. Our kids' names are:

DD: Lucía Noemí
    DS: Sebastián Tomás

DH is Colombian and I am American. Our last name is a Spanish one. We are looking for first names that work well in both English and Spanish, and that do NOT contain any "r's" because although I speak Spanish I am not a native speaker and my pronunciation of the Spanish "r" is hit-or-miss. The other restriction is that for girl names, we'd prefer something that does not end in "-ía" because it would be too sing-songy with Lucía (like sisters named Lucía and Sofía, for example - no thanks).

It seems we tend toward Saint names, but #3 doesn't have to have a saint name. What do you think would sound good as a sibling to Lucía and Sebastián and fit the other requirements in the previous paragraph?

Ahah, oh man, my R in Spanish turns out French and people here think I'm Scottish all the time. I totally feel your issue with that letter.

My Spanish favourites (without Rs and without -ía):
    Alba
    Antonia (it's still -ia, but the stress is different)
    Eloísa
    Olalla/ Olaia/ Olaya/ Eulalia
    Sabina

Fabián
    Julián
    Feliciano (I think this is pretty dated... at least, here it is. But I like it a lot and I think Feli is adorable as a nickname)
    Félix
    Leo (guh, this is gorgeous in Spanish. Totally kicks the English pronunciation out of the water)
    Hugo
    I'm not sure if the -ián ending bugs you with the first two, though.

Good luck!
    Lucia
    Seraphine, Jemima, Leonor, Seffora, Eulalia
    Edmund, Marius, Joscelin, Earnest, Caspar

Thanks for these ideas. I like Eloísa and Félix from this list. (Actually, I LOVE Félix!) My SIL (who is also Colombian) is considering Leo for her baby due in September. I'd love to hear other ideas!

Some of my Spanish favorites (also married to a Hispanic and also can't say my "R's" too well, haha!):

Águeda
    Angélica
    Catalina
    Emiliana
    Ivette
    Maristela (has an "R", but I think it's gorgeous)
    Sonia (ends in "ia", but like Antonia above, is pronounced differently)

Elías
    Joaquín
    Luciano
    Noé

Note that I have no idea what's dated or popular right now in Spanish-speaking countries, these are just ones I like. Good luck!

Valentina / Camila / Paula / Elena / Amanda for a girl
    Samuel / Emilio / Miguel for a boy