Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    My first thought was how fortunate it is that Anastasia is such a gorgeous name and one that is familiar to Americans. However, these facts do not help your current dilemma. I agree that Nora Anastasia is a good choice, but understand that your husband is not going for it. Natasha Anastasia would be lovely. If you keep Anastasia as a first name, I do think Nancy could work as a nickname. Another nickname idea for Anastasia is "Asia."
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

I second the idea of shortening Nastia to Tia, as it would be the least disruptive. And because Tia is a great name, too.

The name Anya is also worth considering. The English Anne, Annie, and Anna do sound very similar, but the Russian Anya (AHN-ya) begins with a different vowel sound.

Also Nadia or Tanya might work for you?

I think Tia is a great suggestion!

What about Anne/Anna variation names like
    Annora
    Annette
    Annika
    Anais (actually a great name for you, very similar to Anastasia)
    Anthea
    Anabelle
    Annelise (very pretty, uses An from Anastasia and your hubby's fave Elise - really loving this for you!)
    Anita
    Anniston

or how about Astrid (same sounds as nASTia)? Audrey, Harper & Astrid sound lovely together. I guess I must also point out the teasing potential of this name as well.

Hannah could also work well for you guys. A familiar american name, similar in sound to Ana. Great compromise!

I hope this helps. A sincere congrats to you and your family, what a beautiful thing you are doing for this little girl.

xo Viv
    Mama bear to Rigby Harrison, Miller Thomas, Wren Charlotte Amity & Eloise Cleo Bellamy

Alrighty then, I've got a "potential" from the hubby on Anastasia Cate and call her Anna Cate. Then she can keep her russian name and have an american nickname.