Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstrivette View Post
    Um, I'm sorry, but I think a 4yr old would have a very hard time with a name change. Unless she really hates her name. I have an almost 6yr old that absolutley loves her name & I think she'd be very confused if her name was changed.
    I think it would be more detrimental to a 4 year old go to school in America being called Nastia. Before we considered changing her name, we researched this thoroughly and consulted school psychologists who have agreed with us. We will keep Anastasia should she ever wish to use it and we will call her Nastia + new name to help her transition. Also keep in mind that an American 4 year old who has had all the opportunities in the world will be far more advanced than a 4 year old who has been neglected in a poor russian orphanage for 4 years.

I tend to agree with pp, at 4, changing her name may be a pretty big upset, especially with all the changes moving to a new country and having a new family, etc. Plus, I think Anastasia is a lovely name--could you maybe just change a bit to call her Ana instead? I knew an Anstasia who went by that...or maybe even Stace/Stacey?

If not, and you're set on changing it to something with an 'n', what about...

Nova
    Nerine
    Naomi
    Nadia
    Nanda
    Nea/Nia
    Nell/Nella
    Nina
    Nita
    Nola
    Nona
    Noor
    Norah
    Nyssa

I think Nyssa would be the best choice, as it sounds most similar to Nastia.
    Last edited by holbs; May 1st, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

Also to add, she's never been called Anastasia and likely doesn't even know that's her name. She only knows Nastia.

I really wanted Anna, but MIL is Anne so it's been veto'd.

There is no qestion that Nastia is a no-go here in the US, but adapting a new nicname from Anastasia could work, don't you think?