Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by malk View Post

DP likes Gwen and I kind of like Gwyneth, but not that fond of them.

Thanks, sorry I'm so picky.
    If you like Gwen, maybe you'll like Gwenelle. That's my name & very unique as in my 28yrs I've NEVER come across another Gwenelle. And it actually might be weird if I did. But going back in my ancestry, there's a Gunnild & a Gunhild. Both of which are Scandinavian & Gunnild I believe is just a variation of Gunhild. :-)

rollo, you're almost spot on to my style. My DS2 born in Scotland is named Finn. and my DD's second middle name is Inari. and actually it's not that easy to say the Finnish way - it's EE-nar-ee, with the stress on the first syllable which is really unnatural to English speakers.

I like Saari which is how you would spell it in Finland, is means island, but I think the double A's would cause problems when we went back to the UK. and everyone would think the Indian Sari. I like Meri, but think everyone back home would just call her Mary if we used Meri. I know a Mirren so can't use that. Miri is new, need to look into that one.

Other Finnish names we like are Talvi (winter), Suvi (summer), Katri and I like Ilta (evening) but DP doesn't like that.

Lumi means snow so I wouldn't want to use another wintery name really. Think I need to go research more Finnish names as they have that short feel I like and I could use a unobvious nature name.

I like Ianthe and Thea from your other list. Prefer Theia but I know one. Would use Rain in a heartbeat, if it wasn't DD's middle name as well. I also know several Margots and a Fern, so would feel weird using those.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

Love Clea, but DP has already rejected and like Linnea, but don't like Linn/Lynn and would be worried it would be shortened to that as everyone back home would find it a bit weird.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

Wow malk I really was on target wasn't I? Unbelievable. I am glad that Miri interests you maybe it could go on your list?

Hope you can find something soon that you can use and like a lot.

rollo
    Psalm 23