Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Olive...having second thoughts.

DD #1 is named Penelope, we call her Penny or Pen. She actually helped pick out her sister's potential name and sounds adorable when she say says the name, for DD #2, which is Olive. Then we recently had a comment from someone, "what, Olive, was the name cucumber taken?" ha ha, right?

So, am now I am having second thoughts about the name, not just because of this one incident, but maybe I am not in love with it as I was a few months ago? Or maybe it is just pregnancy hormones, as I am 38 weeks, and could have the baby anytime!

Pros: name style goes with Penelope, is a green color name - like mine (Kelly), meaning of peace

Cons: noun name, too plain/short a name next to Penelope, our last name is also two syllables

Other names my husband and I have considered: Beatrix, Eliza
    Names we like, but can't use for one reason or another: Clara, Margaret/Maggie

I would appreciate any thoughts, comments, suggestions!

Honestly, I really don't like Olive. It's never struck me as a name I'd want for my child.

However, I adore Eliza. It's beautiful. And it sounds wonderful as a sibling set - Penelope and Eliza, Penny and Liza, etc. Very cute, and it will grow well with your daughter as she ages.

Good luck, and congrats!
    Girls - Abigail, Georgianna, Anne, Charlotte, Claire, Genevieve, Annette, Eliza, Felicity, Hannah, Noelle, Eugenie, Grace, Phoebe, Philippa, Cecilia, Cecily, Elizabeth, Hollis, Piper, Lorelei, Vivienne, Paige, Carolina, Isobel, Lucy, Molly, Georgia, Victoria, Naomi

Boys - Bobby Sparklefritz until H can offer suggestions. Ones I like: Rory, Owen, Tyler, Ian, Elliot, Alexander, Ephraim, Levi, Jacob, Reid, Avery, Nathan, Miles, Jasper, Spencer, Toby, Dean, Philip

I love Olive! I'm sick to death of Olivia and think Olive is fresh and sweet. It's also perfect with Penelope. I like your other potential names too (although I prefer Beatrice to Beatrix), but I say go with your daughter's first choice--she has good taste!

I've never been a huge fan of Olive, but it wouldn't strike me as weird enough to comment on. I've known two and they both wear the name well. Plus, having your first daughter involved in the naming process makes a really cute story. However, if you are reconsidering, I love Eliza. It's one my favorite names and it sounds really lovely with Penelope.

The only problem I have with Olive is the Olive from the Disney show ANT Farm. I picture a very know it all kind of girl because of that show. BUT, on the other hand, there is Olive Oil from Popeye which is a good image...sorta.