Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which version do you like?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raphael

41 91.11%
  • Raffaello

4 8.89%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Poll: Which is cooler, Raphael or Raffaello?

Pronounced Ra-fye-el and Ra-fye-el-o. Raffaello Sanzio was the real, original Italian name of the famous Renaissance artist.
    Nicknames could be Raphy/Raph or Raffy/Raff... or Yello
    Last edited by fuzzycub; April 30th, 2012 at 08:13 AM.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

And now introducing Bear! ----->
    O___O
    (*.-.*) <Hunny hunny nom nom <3)
    (”| |“)
    (””|““)

I do actually prefer Rafael but of the two spellings you have listed I have to go with Raphael, it looks strong and masculine.

While there is nothing wrong with Raphaello I think people could end up confusing Raphaella just because it has the 'ello' sound which some may assume girly.

Raphael is great, as if Rafael.
    Future Little Prince
    Isaac - Solomon - Barnaby - Atticus - Ezekiel - Augustin - River - Jacoby - Castiel - Xavier

Future Little Princess
    Florentina - Matilda - Theodora - Evangeline - Beatrix - Olwen - Jovi - Seraphina - Maeve - Clementine

I love Raphael, with the nickname Ralph {RAYF}. So cute
    Katie.
    ezra, noah, oscar, arthur, rupert
    alice, ramona, ada, sylvie, agnes

{ask questions / listography}

I'm in the minority. I picked Raffaello, but I love all three: Raphael, Rafael, and Raffaello. As for Raffaello, I think it's one of the few strong and beautiful Italian names not taking up by family members.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie

I love Raphael! Especially spelt Rafael -because of Rafael Nadal -