Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I immediately thought of J.R.R. Tolkien's character, Beren, from the beautiful love story of Beren and Luthien, fully told in "The Silmarillion." Is this where you got the name? If so, I'd love to see you use it. You might have to tell the story when introducing your son, though. Beren was a mortal man who loved an Elf-maiden, Luthien, and through all kinds of suffering and even death they were finally allowed to return to Middle-earth as mortal man and wife. For those familiar with "The Lord of the Rings" but not "The Silmarillion," Beren and Luthien were distant ancestors of both Aragorn and Arwen, and in some ways Aragorn and Arwen's love story was a replay of the story of Beren and Luthien. And Tolkien himself so identified with his story that if you visit the graves of himself and his wife, you will see these words: Edith Mary Tolkien, Luthien, 1889-1971. John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, Beren, 1892-1973.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Ah Now I love it! I've read all the Lord of the Rings books and The Hobbit and a few other things by Tolkien but not The Silmarillion (not yet).

Well, now I take back not liking it earlier, I like it now. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I had the same "is this baron misspelled" reaction but I don't care for baron, it's like Dauphine or Princess to me. Donald trump named his kid Baron I think specifically because it sounded like a title so I think it's a little contrived
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

@ashthedreamer I personally pronouce it as Bear-Ren but I understand it reminding you of ‘berren’ and thanks, I really think names like Amadeus should be brought back

@nat108 I don’t mind Baron but I do prefer Beren

@dantea I’ve never really heard much about the Berestein Bears, I really like the other options for swapping the names around, thanks and I’m glad you like it now you know it’s from Lord of the Rings

@ashthedreamer quite a lot of you guys have said about Baron instead I like it too but maybe not as much but thanks

@auroradawn yes it is originally taken from the Tolkien story, although I’ve not personally read it (I do mean to right this by reading his books) but yes that is where the name is originally from, I’m glad you recognised it

@thexbelle I think that’s why I’m not as keen on it being Baron, just because it is a title as well as a name (and I have to say I like your taste in names in your tagline)

I like Beren! Reminds me of the Dutch boys name Berend, which is pronounced pretty much like bear-end so it doesn't really work so well in the English language. Beren Amadeus Samuel is a great combo.