Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I like all except Seaborn for first names

Lemuel, Erastus, and Zebedee are biblical. Able and Worth sound religious
    The spelling Able instead of Abel may cause confusion but I like it. Able and Worth are along the line of Puritan-style names like Justice or Resolved. But Worth also has an Old West/cowboy feel to it
    Lemuel was a king. I've heard this name before, nn Lem
    Erastus was Paul's assistant
    Zebedee was the hubby of Salome and James and John's dad

I like soccer so my first thought is Bolton football club but most Americans will think of Michael

Hardy isn't my style and it seems cutesy next to these strong, old names

I like Bolton - and I don't think that many people will associate the first name Bolton with the musician Michael Bolton.

I really like Able. Resolved is cool, I've never heard that. Zebedee is cool...but sounds sort of whacky. Like are you sure you'd want to saddle your son with that?

Here are some names for consideration. How do you think these would work as first names?

Hardy- If people use Harley and Harvey, why not Hardy?
    Seaborn- This is a little out there. How about Seamus or Morrisey? Or other sea themed names.
    Able- This is alright, but I prefer the traditional spelling, Abel.
    Lemuel- Lem just doesn't sell it for me. Do you like Lionel? Nathaniel or Samuel? Laszlo?
    Worth- By itself, it lacks a lot of personality.
    Erastus- Very intense name for a little guy. I like it, but it would be hard for a child to wear it. Besides, what's the nn?
    Zebedee- Zeb is a very cool name, but Zebedee could get him made fun of. Zeb by itself works, plus its still unique.
    Bolton- Michael Bolton. Fulton, Milton?
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

I don't mind Lemuel. It's a very old-fashioned name, but it's kind of steampunk Victorian-era cool, and also it's a family name for me. I see it with names like Basil or Ambrose that have fallen away but hipsters could make a cool thing. Lem/Lemmy isn't very nice though.

Zebedee isn't as nice to me as other z names like Zacharias or Zebulon, OR as nice as -ee ending names like Naphtali or Malachy. It is quirkier than Zachary though.