Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I also like Cormac--have you considered any variant spellings, such as Cormick?
    Laughlin, Loughlin, Lorcan are all Irish names that you may like since Lachlan is a no-go for you...I think Rogan is cute if you liked Rory, too...
    I really like the name Sullivan Cormac Flanagan McBurney for you guys...or Sullivan Spike...

Best,
    Leslie
    In current favor of...:
    Boys: Ian, John, Lincoln
    Girls: Marin, Lena, Mareina

Thanks for the replies so far everyone! It's much nicer to think about these things with others isn't it?

Behind the name has been a much used resource but thanks for the reminder lilysong and dove14.

Seamus is a great name, and makes me think of the wonderful Seamus Heaney. DH thinks "shame" but perhaps he can get over it if we're stuck?!

Conrad, another lovely name, one that will always bring me back to a guy in second year Uni who walked in the Fringe Festival parade, naked, with an alsatian on a lead.

Alvar is lovely, but here in Australia, where we don't really pronounce "r", it sounds too much like Alva.

A friend just suggested Walt, but I think it might be a little fusty....and I don't really dig Walter either.

Sullivan is very nice, but contravenes a rule we have: no last names as first names. This is because we've given Flanagan as a second middle name and think three last names is too much for anyone.

I really like Lorcan, especially the meaning "little fierce one", but I (and the rest of my nation) am a rabid nicknamer - what nn would Lorcan inspire? Lorco? Not great, especially when compared to his brother's nn "Tiger" and his sister's "Stara"...

Quote Originally Posted by boytroubles View Post
    Sullivan is very nice, but contravenes a rule we have: no last names as first names. This is because we've given Flanagan as a second middle name and think three last names is too much for anyone.

I really like Lorcan, especially the meaning "little fierce one", but I (and the rest of my nation) am a rabid nicknamer - what nn would Lorcan inspire? Lorco? Not great, especially when compared to his brother's nn "Tiger" and his sister's "Stara"...
    Lore would be an awesome nn I think.

Lore...maybe. It's a little like the nickname of my good friend Laura, "Laur"...

Did I mention that we have a lot of boy name barriers?!