Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Trying to narrow my boys' list...

I have my girls' list narrowed to a nice, even top 10, and I'd like to do the same with my boys' list. The problem is, I have about 16 names on my short list, and I've been trying to eliminate some of them for weeks! I seem to love them all equally.

I have a set top 6 (Caleb, Jack, Everett, Asher, Grayson, and Brody), but, more or less, the others appeal to me pretty much equally. WDYT of these as first names, and which work best with my top 6?

Boone
    Booker
    Beckett "Beck"
    Zane
    Henry
    Avery
    Bailey
    Lincoln
    Spencer

Booner, Booker, and Lincoln have historical significance, and Avery and Henry have literary significance to me. Beckett honors family... Right now, I'm not too concerned with names that could be too matchy (like Everett and Beckett, or Brody and Bailey), since the likelihood that I'll have 10 children, much less 10 boys, is pretty slim.

Thanks!

If I were to choose 4 from your list, I would choose these in this order:
    1. Zane- Love this name, hubby says no
    2. Boone- On my list if baby number 2 is a boy
    3. Lincoln- not my favorite name, but i kinda like the nn potentials of Linc and Cole.
    4. Beckett- I prefer Bennett, but Beckett is nice too.
    The others are all fine, just not my style. I grew up with an Avery that was a boy, so to me that name is all boy, and always will be, but I have never liked it that much. Booker is intriguing, but I'm not sure I would ever use it. I kinda trip over the K when I say it, plus we have a ton of books, and we love reading, so I think it is just too close to a word we use every day (the same reason I couldn't use Reed). By the way, I absolutely love Caleb and Everett. I wanted to use Caleb forever, but it got stolen. Everett is my son's name, so I am definitely biased toward it ;-)

Thanks! The whole book thing is most of Booker's appeal to me... I'm a huge fan of surnames, but then there's the Booker T. Washington association, and then my huge obsessions about books, lol. I have been a bookworm since I can remember, pretty much, and I was a writing student in college, and hopefully I'll be a novelist one day, too, so it holds a lot of meaning for me. Still, I'm not sure about how it compares up to the other "B" names--I'm not sure I want to keep them all, but I'm not sure which ones to nix. I've definitely loved Bailey for the longest, but I love the association to Daniel Boone, and I love that Beckett would honor my sister (although, so does my Bailey combo...).

I would add these to your list:
    Beckett
    Henry
    Avery
    Bailey
    Annie, mid-twenties, vegetarian, name lover. No kids yet, just two furbabies - Roxy & Layla.
    Top favorites for a girl: Beatrice Lily, Charlotte Amelia, Clara Louisa, Eliza Ruby, Josephine Alice, Katherine Annabel, Lillian Audrey, Margaret Helena, Matilda Iris, Philippa Violet
    Top favorites for a boy: Adrian Silas, Alexander Gray, Emmett Oliver, Jasper Milo, Julian Edward, Lucian Henry, Nathaniel August, Samuel Owen, Rowan Felix, Theodore August

Boone - Really don't like.
    Booker - Also really don't like.
    Beckett "Beck" - I'm not the biggest fan but if there is significance, then it's ok for me.
    Zane - Love!
    Henry - Love!
    Avery - I really love this on a boy! But I'm afraid it's been taken over by the girls if that bothers you.
    Bailey - Really don't like this name on a human. I knew so many dogs growing up that had this name.
    Lincoln - It's ok. NMS but cute.
    Spencer - Like!