Names Searched Right Now:

Leo and Margot, too matchy?

I am having a boy in early May and we are naming him L30 Al3x@nd3r. Problem is I also really love the name Margot for a girl! I think it is such an underused classic! Are the two names too matchy/similar to use both? Should I just put Margot in the middle spot? I really appreciate your help
    Last edited by lovelywillow; April 25th, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

Hmm, it is a little matchy what with them both ending in the -o sound. Personally, I'd put Margot as the middle... unless you had another child whose name didn't end with -o, I think that would break it up a little. Great names though! I agree Margot is totally underused and adorable.

My name is Caroline Margot and I use both names, so so pleased that you love Margot. I think that Leo is a handsome name but the 'o' ending for both is a bit matchy.
    Psalm 23

Thanks for the replies

Well I expected as much. Oh well, there are a lot more girl names that my husband and I agree on than boy names so I think I will stick with maybe putting Margot in the Middle. I am thinking maybe Emmeline Margot Blythe? I also really like Coraline Margot. My husbands favorite is Evangeline (I love it too but worried it doesn't go well with Leo). Evangeline Margot- does that sound funny? Ok this is getting rambly I'm sorry I am just going to add one more... Augusta Margot. What do you guys think?