Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Baelfire

Baelfire

I came across this name while watching 'Once Upon a Time', and have really fallen for it. As far as etymology, all I can gather on the name is that the term bael-fire is Celtic Pagan and means "bonfire", connected to the celebration of Beltane, the fire lit and left to burn overnight to welcome the coming dawn of Spring.

What do you think of Baelfire, nickname Bae? (though if I were ever inclined to use it myself it would no doubt go into the middle)

I'm sorry I don't like it..its kind of weird.. but I guess if its in the middle..blech

Oh no. I'm afraid to say that I think it's horrible.
    Mom to Luke Edwin and Virginia Noemi

Current Favourites:
    Adam, Eli, Henry, Levi, Leo, Miles, Milo, Nigel, Owen, Quincy, Sidney, Tristan, Stellan, Wyatt
    Estella, Magnolia, Sadie, Evangeline, Annabel, Josephine

For a sci-fi novel or a supernatural show like Once Upon a Time, it's great. For a real live human being, not a fan at all.
    Girls - Abigail, Georgianna, Anne, Charlotte, Claire, Genevieve, Annette, Eliza, Felicity, Hannah, Noelle, Eugenie, Grace, Phoebe, Philippa, Cecilia, Cecily, Elizabeth, Hollis, Piper, Lorelei, Vivienne, Paige, Carolina, Isobel, Lucy, Molly, Georgia, Victoria, Naomi

Boys - Bobby Sparklefritz until H can offer suggestions. Ones I like: Rory, Owen, Tyler, Ian, Elliot, Alexander, Ephraim, Levi, Jacob, Reid, Avery, Nathan, Miles, Jasper, Spencer, Toby, Dean, Philip

I think Bael is pretty usable in the front or middle, but -fire sends it to GP territory.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell