Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Middle name for Isla

Right now we are planning on calling our baby Isla Jean. I still love it, but have a few reservations left. Since I can't come up with any good nicknames Isla, nor Jean, I've been thinking about changing the middle name to something else. That way we have more options. Preferably I want something with a Scottish heritage, but I'm flexible. Probably prefer 1 or 3 syllables, and nothing beginning with L (last name begins with L). Please help!
    Ava Isobella 4yrs

Isla Jean 2yrs

Hmmm, I am not a huge fan of Jean. Isla Jane would be gorgeous!! Why would you need a nickname with Isla? It is already short. Here are a few suggestions:

Isla Jane
    Isla Catherine
    Isla Margaret

Thanks! I'm not keen on Jane. It makes me think of plain Jane! We're just one for nicknames in our family, and since the only ones I can come up with are Ily (Eye-lee) and Issa (Eee-sa) and that's the name of my sister and one of our horses, I'm thinking a middle name will have more promise. I'm also aware that a lot of people don't care for Jean, and I wouldn't want her to be lumped with something she didn't like. I also liked Isla Kate, but my niece is Katie, so I guess I subconsciously like the one syllable. I like Isla Tess, too. This is so much harder second time around!
    Ava Isobella 4yrs

Isla Jean 2yrs

My daughter is Isla Avery.

Some ideas:

Isla Elspeth
    Isla Fiona
    Isla Jamesina
    Isla Kenina
    Isla Malvina
    Isla Mor
    Looking for a unique yet legitimate name, check out my growing database of names, I have names from Albanian to Yiddish http://legitbabenames.wordpress.com