Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Most of my favorites are traditional classics.
    Benjamin
    Peter
    Natalie
    Caroline
    Henry
    Lauren

I do like some more common modern names too
    Spencer
    Sawyer
    Quinn

Not sure what Declan would fall under.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsie View Post
    ...i get a little, ah, whimsical with my names. bring on the hippy fruit names and obscure swedish stuff! it's very liberating to not have any sort of "guilty pleasure" list. I like what I like, some of it might seem silly to people but I'm not hurting anyone so why CAN'T I pretend that Parsley is a perfectly legitimate name? ;p
    I actually think Parsley is a fabulous idea! We have Pepper and Basil and Harper and Paisley, so why the heck not?

My personal style is magickal, evocative, and enchanting, names associated with favorite characters from books and theatre, mythology and legend, names with astronomical and astrological connections, ethereal, mysterious and bohemian. Of course then we have my ultra-practical hubby. So my GP list is where I go all evanescent creativity, and my real life list reflects a very distinct formula that marries our two styles. For girls, we choose magical but familiar slightly vintage firsts with nature/word middles. For boys we like rugged Biblical names paired with nature, place, or word names, but the order isn't as strict. We do not like cross-gender names, and unisex names only work for us in the sense that we think most nature and word names aren't gender-specific. The end result is whimsical, yet grounded combos. And while I hate to be reined in, I can recognize that our future daughter would probably prefer Alice Willow over Narnia Kismet Illyria Faerydae. >_>
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I like a variety of name styles, but my absolute favorites tend to be nature related and hippie-ish. Some of my favorites are Hazel, Willow, Lily, Rosalie, Coralie, Indigo, Emerald, Wren, and Luna for girls. For boys, I like Everett, Oakley, Hunter, Rowan, Kai, and Forest.

I'd say my style is a giant clash. I love Benedict, but I also love Moses. I like Tobias and Levi. I love Charlotte, Esparanza, Mercy, and Acacia. I'm just one big mess of styles.

Honestly? Hipster. While I would consider my subculture to be nerd, not hipster, I can't deny that my names are thoroughly of that 20-something tattooed spiky-haired bike-riding bespectacled New York demographic to which I do, admittedly, belong. I mean, Juniper? Eloise? Matilda? Roscoe? Hipster for sure.

That said, the trait which characterizes true hipsterdom is irony, and when it comes to names, I am totally in earnest. There is nothing arch or satirical about my taste. I have good reasons for loving the names I do, and I'll be proud to bestow them on my future children.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...