Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    My taste in girl names tend to be kind of all over the place, though they tend to end with A.

Lilith
    Rosa
    Alana
    Tatyana
    Paloma
    Maxine
    Cassandra
    Maria
    Saffron
    Zelda
    Vera

For boy names, I tend to gravitate toward exotic [often Eastern] European names, ones that could sound a tad harsh. Either that or ones that have that " fantasy warrior/mage" feel to them.

Darius
    Jarek (YAH-rek)
    Raphael
    Andre
    Antony
    Cyril / Cyryl
    Cassidy (kind of GP 'cause I'm not sure how much this is used on boys, if at all)
    Alexis
    Serge(i)
    ~Favorites of the moment~

Girls: Sonya, Caroline, Sakura, Carmilla, Terra
    Boys: Conrad, Fain, Marcelo, Serge, Isidoro

Vote on my name list!

I worry a little about this, too! I definitely have an eclectic style, and while in some cases it works, there are a few combinations that I'm not sure do.

I am mostly a fan of old-fashioned, British-sounding names like
    Clara
    Alice
    Penelope
    Eleanor
    Imogen
    Maud
    Nora
    Virginia

Alfred
    Algernon
    Otis
    Bertram
    Ernest
    Hugo
    Ellis
    etc

I also like Violet, Jane, Zadie, Eloise, Astrid etc, as well as Asher, Soren, Espen, Gray.

Plenty of these work together, but not all of them. However, I think it will work out as I name each child as they come, and it's sort of silly to stress about. I do feel like I'm setting the tone for my family by the first name I pick, though. Ha.

My style is traditional (more classic than vintage, I'd say), mostly names that were previously most popular from about 1880-1920. Names that I can imagine on a suffragette or a WWI pilot!
    However, I love lots of names that don't fit into that style at all. In terms of siblings, I'd definitely try to give a similar ratio of normal: unusual, but style is definitely not the only determinant of that!

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

For girls, I tend to like lush, feminine names with history and some strength and backbone: Sophia, Cordelia, Genevieve, Isabel, Elodie, Emilia, Acacia, Alexandra, Helena. But I also like shorter, swifter, but still feminine names for girls--ones that I think blend sweetness and daintiness with strength: Thea, Mila, Clara, Mira, Rosa, Flora. And I love certain nicknames significantly more than their typical parent names: Posy, Maggie, Lottie, Pippa, Kate.

For boys, my taste runs toward the Slavic (Nikolai, Sascha) and toward gentle, androgynous names (Rowan/Rohan, Avery, Loren).

I have a hard time pining down my style actually, because while as a general rule I prefer slightly unusual, long names with multiples nicknames, (Aurelia, Tallulah, Bianca, Caspian, Balthazar) I really appreciate a lot of other styles as well.Most of my favourites fall into something akin to quirky British or fusty names, especially for girls (ie Rosamund, Wilhelmina, Heloise; Leopold, Sterling, Rupert). But lately I've really fallen for other options (like Fleur, Faye, Thisbe, Vesper and Crewe, Rhys, Pierrot) that feel quite different than my former list. Maybe I'm just changing my tastes!